Operating Room Nurse Weekdays
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: September 14, 2023
The OOSC exclusively works with Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons,
P.C. (DMOS) surgeons. DMOS is the longest thriving private
orthopaedic practice in the central Iowa area. We provide services
that allow patients an opportunity to get back to living their best
life. Our services change lives. We are dedicated to helping our
community, peers and partners provide outstanding healthcare. DMOS
is a haven for enjoyable, creative and mission centered
individuals. We are growing and we need the best and brightest to
join us to serve our growing community.Does this sound like a place
you would want to be? If so, read on.
PERKS: We are based in West Des Moines Iowa. OOSC offers our staff
awork-life balance with generous levels of time off, competitive
compensation and a plethora of benefits options, including
affordable employee health, vision and dental insurance. OOSC
nurses have no call, overnight or weekend shifts. Compensation is
competitive and takes prior experience into consideration at offer.
Ourcompetitive 401K/pension plan is a benefit that contributes to
the future of our staff and their ability to live their best
What are we looking for?
- Evidence Based Care Enthusiasts: We approach every day with a
patient centered focus and are diligent about an outstanding care
experience for all who come to OOSC.
- Emerging Leaders with a Servant Heart: We do everything with
the highest level of purpose, preparation and focus for others. We
know our best selves are delivered in action, not just words.
- People who want Continuous Learning: We strive to learn
everyday through sincere curiosity; we look for ways to improve our
patient care, ourselves and the community.
- Vision for the Future: We see a future of patient centered care
that allows for minimal disruption to the patient, the provider and
peers through outstanding surgical and ancillary services
throughout the metro.
The OR Nurse responsible for delivering high-quality nursing care
to patients undergoing orthopaedic surgery procedures. They will be
responsible for maintaining a safe and sterile environment in the
operating room, while providing care to patients before, during,
and after surgery. They collaborate with surgeons,
anesthesiologists and other healthcare professionals to ensure
seamless patient care and assist with the preparation and
maintenance of the operating room
Essential Duties: Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of
- Supports, and performs according to, approved policies and
- Participates as a team member in support of the total operative
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and
- Communicates effectively with supervisor/management, patients,
visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using a translator
- Documents that information received from the patient are
disseminated to the appropriate people or departments.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings, committees and
in-services according to job responsibilities and Facility
- Assists with orientation and training of new personnel and acts
as a resource person for patient care problems.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job
duties and responsibilities.
- Reports observed or suspected violations, hazards and
noncompliance according to Facility policy.
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and
responsibilities; enforces compliance with safety and security
policies and procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and
- Interacts appropriately with various age groups.
- Accurately assesses and interprets age-specific patient
- Accurately interprets age-specific patient responses to
questions and instructions.
- Involves the patient's family/significant other in
decision-making about the patient's care.
- Considers age-specific patient requirements when responding to
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and
- Organizes nursing activities efficiently; considers staff
abilities when delegating activities.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used
according to accepted standards of practice.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of pre/postoperative
- Performs thorough patient assessment required by the outpatient
- Assists in assessing the physical and emotional status of the
patient upon admission according to Facility policy.
- Develops a plan for patient care based on assessment data;
implements and documents preoperative care according to
- Provides comfort and reassurance to the patient and supports
the patient's right to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.
- Performs safe and individualized nursing care for the patient
in the operative/postoperative period.
- Assesses and documents the patient's physical and emotional
status upon arrival in the postoperative area.
- Documents postoperative care during the patient's recovery from
anesthesia/sedation according to Facility policy.
- Provides nursing care to meet patient needs related to surgical
condition and type of anesthesia administered.
- Adheres to organizational policy with particular attention to
standards of conduct and to confidentiality as it relates to
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have a current
nursing license to practice through the Iowa Department of Public
Health, Maintain a basic ACLS Certification; Unrestricted IA RN
license, BLS. ACLS and PALS preferred. Experience in a similar
related industry or ASC is preferred, but not required. Experience
in Orthopedics is preferred. Must be able to set priorities and
work with minimal supervision. May require some flexibility of
hourly schedule per patient need. Excellent organization and
communication skills. Ability to handle stress calmly and be
flexible to change. Willingness to be flexible and remain focused
during fast paced schedules.
OOSC is a privately held joint venture with Unity Point and DMOS
medical facility. Candidates who receive a conditional offer of
employment will be required to complete a full physical, drug
screen, criminal background check, federal background checks,
education verification, reference checks, and an initial TB test.
Employees are required to be fully vaccinated until a reasonable
accommodation is attained.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: With over 60 years of experience, our
dedicatedteam has been committed to providing patients with the
most comprehensive orthopaedic care available in central Iowa. As a
leading and trusted organization, we are devoted to providing world
class care to our patients. OOSC is actively improving the lives of
our patients by providing the highest quality of care and we are
seeking a professional medical professional to help us achieve
PEOPLE OVERVIEW: People who succeed here arepositive, friendly,
professional and data driven. We seek a can-do attitude with a
proactive coaching and consulting skill set. This person knows how
to communicate positively and professionally to patients,
physicians, mid-levels, administrative professionals, and team
members. If we are speaking about you, then you may be our ideal
Do you have a positive can-do attitude and a love for your job? If
so, you'll be our ideal candidate. Join our leading team of
orthopaedic surgeons and discover how your talents can change
Join our leading team of orthopaedic surgeons and discover how your
talents can help get our patients back to living!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: DMOS, West Des Moines , Operating Room Nurse Weekdays, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!