Cardiac Navigator RN
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 22, 2023
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical
centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and
two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des
Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds
total) - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house
more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty
clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central
Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines
and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more
than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000
physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a
member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a
collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health - two
of the country's foremost not-for-profit Catholic health
organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and
- Coordination of Care: Coordinated care for all appropriate
patients throughout the continuum of care from diagnosis through
- Reconciles daily census for identifying heart failure patients
- Daily rounds on heart failure patients.
- Participates in education through patient assessment, needs
assessment, and initiation of discharge planning.
- Collaborates with the patient's physician(s), primary nurse,
coordinator, ancillary staff and extended care provided throughout
the patients hospital stay to coordinate patient's plan of care and
final discharge plan.
- Participates in data collection and other quality improvement
initiatives during hospitalization as directed.
- Is an advocate for the patient and/or family.
- Provides follow up support post discharge at specified
- Follow-up phone calls as required.
- Participates in data collection post operatively and post
discharge as directed.
- Works collaboratively with heat failure team and alternatively
as heart failure nurse as needed (office or hospital).
- Patient Education
- Provides patient/family education as directed.
- Provides educational materials via other routes when
- Assists with reviewing, developing and updating materials to
facilitate the education of patients and coaches.
- Collaborates with physicians, offices, staff, and other
multidisciplinary team members to facilitate the care of the
patient related to continuity of care and coordination of care and
- Works closely with heart failure team and acts as an alternate
to nurse when appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with extended care providers (home health,
skilled care, rehabilitation and outpatient physical therapy) to
ensure quality patient outcomes.
- Participates in Joint Bundle committees as directed.
- Registered nurse with valid license in State of Iowa
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare field or actively pursuing,
- Two (2) years of related work experience required, - 4 years
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Presentation skills with small and large groups.
- Valid BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required within 3
months of hire.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, West Des Moines , Cardiac Navigator RN, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!