LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse (PRN)
Company: Cedar Ridge Village
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Pivotal Health Care is a family of retirement communities
dedicated to providing quality and innovative senior living
communities. We focus on enriching the lives of our residents
through purpose, passion & joy in life! Here at Pivotal, we believe
our team members are a vital role in our communities success! If
you're in search of a family based health care organization with a
passion to serve keep reading!
Our beautiful, 5 star, boutique style communities offer several
levels of living including: independent living, assisted living,
short-term rehab, and long-term care. With our smaller boutique
style model, we are able to strive to have favorable staff to
resident ratios which allows our team members to have the time to
build meaningful relationships with our residents.
Cedar Ridge Village, located in West Des Moines, just minutes from
Jordan Creek, opened our community on April 1, 2021 and are honored
to serve our residents and the West Des Moines community in
providing purpose, passion & joy in life. We are a senior living
community offering independent living, assisted living and skilled
nursing care. We have 46 independent living apartments, 34 assisted
living apartments and 40 rooms in our skilled nursing center.
Role:We are seeking a dedicated LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
(PRN) to join our Cedar Ridge Village team! The PRN LPN - Licensed
Practical Nurse plans, organizes, and assists in the provision of
direct and indirect resident care following established policies
and procedures. Orients, instructs, and supervises personnel. Has
the ability to communicate effectively and advocate for Elder
centered/directed care to team members, families, physicians,
allied health professionals and the at large community.
- The LPN will ensure provision of quality nursing care in
accordance with Federal, State, and Company requirements based on
acuity of residents.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will make daily rounds to see all
residents to ascertain condition and comfort.
- The LPN will follow safety policies in performing nursing
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will initiate procedures to
protect resident from injury and infection.
- The LPN will perform resident assessments as condition
warrants, specifically in regards to admissions, diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures, and instituting appropriate
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will develop, implement, and
evaluate plans of care to include, but not be limited to,
recognition of spiritual, emotional, psychosocial, and functional
- The LPN will implement restorative nursing care in the area of
self-care deficits relating to activities of daily living.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will encourage and assist
residents in self-care and group activities.
- The LPN will monitor nursing personnel compliance to nursing
policies and procedures and competency of clinical skills,
evaluating nursing staff job performance with direction from
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will initiate emergency measures
according to community facility policy and within standards of
- The LPN will implement nursing interventions as indicated by
the Residents Plan of Care or as ordered by the Physician.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will communicate with the
Physician as indicated by resident needs or status and assure
follow-through; maintain hand-off communications with oncoming
shift regarding resident care needs.
- The LPN will maintain acceptable standards of nursing
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will maintain all documentation as
required by Federal and State regulations, and community facility
- The LPN will monitor inventory of supplies, equipment and/or
medications to meet resident needs.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will assist in the evaluation and
development of nursing procedures, and in orienting and educating
of nursing staff.Qualifications:The LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse,
must be a graduate from an accredited school, be currently licensed
in Iowa without encumbrance, be responsible for maintaining
professional licensure and CEU requirements. Preferably 1-2 years
of previous nursing experience as a Charge Nurse in Long Term Care
and/or a Skilled Nursing Facility. Ability to assess and implement
interventions for resident care based on standards of nursing
practice and principles of nursing care. Must be currently CPR
Pivotal Health Care's family of Retirement Communities include:
- Colonial Village, Overland Park, KS
- Maggie's Place, Overland Park, KS
- Westchester Village, Lenexa KS
- Linden Woods Village, Gladstone, MO
- Prairie Vista Village, Altoona, IA
- Terrace Glen Village, Marion, IA
- Cedar Ridge Village, West Des Moines, IA
- Northridge Village, Ames, IA
- Kennybrook Village, Grimes, IA
- Scenic Living Communities, Iowa Falls, IA
Pivotal Health Care is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regard to race, marital status,
sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
disability of any other characteristic protected by law. The
Pivotal Health Care family of companies is proud to be a
tobacco-free campus, including but not limited to electronic
cigarettes. Pivotal Health Care follows CMS and CDC protocols when
considering COVID-19 vaccination.
Keywords: Cedar Ridge Village, West Des Moines , LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse (PRN), Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!