Medication Assisted Treatment RN - 4,500 $ign on B
Company: UCS Healthcare
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you passionate about recovery, physical and
emotional health and cultural equality? We have a full-time
position available for a RN or LPN for our medication assisted
treatment (MAT) program at 1300 Woodland Ave, West Des Moines, Ia.
This role has a $4,500 sign-on bonus if you are selected! At UCS
Healthcare, our values guide our culture. We embrace diversity and
inclusion and seek colleagues who desire to work in an environment
where everyone is accepted and their unique characteristics are
celebrated. UCS Healthcare has earned the 2022 Best Place for
Working Parents Business Designation two years in a row in
recognition of our commitment to supporting working parents through
our family friendly policies and practices.UCS Healthcare is a
CARF-accredited, non-profit health care organization based in Des
Moines, Iowa with additional offices in Knoxville and Ankeny and
medication units across the state offering medication assisted
treatment (MAT) for opiate/alcohol addiction. We offer a
competitive hourly wage.Requirements:UCS Healthcare currently
seeking a part-time qualified RN candidate. This position reports
to the Supervising Nurse. In this role, the candidate must be able
to adhere to the goals and objectives of the program in relation to
the patients and the patients' medical care. Essential duties of
the position include but are not limited to:
- Administer medications to patients in treatment.
- Perform nursing assessments and H&P's on all new admissions
or readmissions when necessary.
- Follow federal, State of Iowa, and agency policies including
- Reviewing patient's prescriptions and OTC medications to ensure
they are properly prescribed and to assess whether client is aware
of adverse reactions.
- Perform, interpret, record, and report on-site TB tests and
other testing as ordered by physician.
- Perform venipuncture and injections as ordered by
- Carry out all physician orders including telephone orders.
- Assist the physician with clinic, rooming patients and ensuring
- Record and report all observed symptoms and changes in the
patient's condition to the interdisciplinary team members and
medical director if necessary.
- Communicate patient status through legible and precise
- Make appropriate health referrals whenever necessary.
- Count client medications and initiate call backs to monitor for
diversion or abuse/misuse.
- Answer all phone calls relating to nursing/medical questions
and make appropriate referrals.
- Make appropriate request to provider when medication dosage
change is indicated and carry out those orders in an accurate and
- Obtain urine specimens according to agency policy and federal
regulation and make appropriate report of results.
- Review eight point criteria for take home medications
- Perform daily nursing assessments on patients involved in the
- Assist clients with guest dosing.
- Provide first aid to patients and staff as needed and make
appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to the staff in understanding a
patient's medical problems.
- Assist in monitoring patient activities while on center
- Maintain licensure as required
- Keep the Medical Director informed of changes that occur in
clinical and medical matters.Minimum Education and Experience:
Licensed in the state of Iowa as a registered nurse (RN) or
LPNSpecial Requirements: Ability to work independently and exercise
discretion and own judgment.Work Schedule: M - F 8:30 - 5:00Office
Location: UCS Healthcare at 1300 Woodland Avenue, West Des Moines,
IA 50265Need Assistance?Applicants that requiring a reasonable
accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment
application process should contact Human Resources . UCS Healthcare
is an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or veteran status.
Keywords: UCS Healthcare, West Des Moines , Medication Assisted Treatment RN - 4,500 $ign on B, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!