Company: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 15, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
- Delivers assigned patient care and treatment as delegated by an
RN or LPN.
- Performs or assists patients with activities including personal
hygiene, bathing, ambulation, transporting, range of motion
exercises, dressing/undressing, feeding, changing bandages,
elimination needs, and emptying drainage devices.
- Responds to patient calls and anticipates patient needs.
Assures patient safety and comfort through use of safe patient
handling techniques, regular rounding, environmental maintenance,
equipment maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures.
- Calculates intake and output (excluding IVs). Measures vital
signs. - Performs bedside blood glucose testing. - Makes entries to
patient health records as consistent with scope of job duties and
in compliance with company policy.
- Initiates or assists with emergency support measures (i.e.,
cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from
- Performs post-mortem care.
- Sets up equipment and supplies for procedures. - Prepares
patients and rooms for procedures, admissions, and transfers. -
Discharges patients from system.
- Observes and reports information regarding any change in
physical/mental condition, behavior, or status of the patient to
- Collects and labels specimens. -
- Sets up, operates, and maintains selected pieces of
- Completion of 75-hour, 120-hour or
150-hour Certified Nursing Assistant program OR be listed as having
passed CNA competency testing on the Iowa Direct Care Worker
registry.Currently enrolled in an RN program or a Graduate of an
accredited RN or LPN program, certification as an EMT in the State
of Iowa OR formally holding a medical occupational specialty from
the military may be substituted for completion of CNA program and
- Must be 16 years of age.Proof of completion of Mandatory
Reporter - Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three
(3) months of hire.American Heart Association Basic Life Support
(BLS) for Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of
hire.High School diploma or high school equivalent
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C, West Des Moines , CNA ICU, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!