Company: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 11, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Develops and maintains departmental staffing plan for all
departments supervised, detailing appropriate employee
classifications and qualifications consistent with the department's
operational plan, projected volumes, patient/acuity and other
relevant indicators. Participates in human resource planning
providing recommendations for staffing, proactive recruitment and
long-term needs. Assures compliance with staffing plan.
- Manages daily unit/department operations, unit/department
personnel, and interdepartmental activities.
- Provides orientation/education for staff and students to ensure
assigned patients have a positive care experience.
- Monitors and reviews staff performance, completes annual
performance appraisals, and handles disciplinary action when
- Directs staff in the delivery of safe and effective patient
- Administers nursing care to patients; includes assessment,
planning, implementing and evaluating the patient's care plan in
coordination with the physician.
- Provides input on interviewing and hiring of personnel for the
- Completes requisitions as needed for staff replacements, and
other Workday maintenance tasks.
- Maintains knowledge of documentation requirements needed for
employees' files and patients' records.
- Administers all policies and procedures that guide and support
the assigned services. These include, but are not limited to, JC
requirements, safety, federal and state regulations, regulatory
- Serves as a resource, mentor, and role model in delivering
patient care using a team approach.
- Facilitates communication between patient/family, physicians
and other caregivers to achieve consensus for the plan of care.
Consults with the Ethics Committee as appropriate.
- Understands employee competency documentation
- Leads and promotes evidence-based practice and research among
unit leaders and staff.
- Ensures evidence-based practices are in place. Leads quality
improvement activities including performance improvement processes
to facilitate clinical practice changes.
- Promotes best practice implementation on unit.
- Works independently with limited direction from Nursing
Leadership using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center
policies, nursing standards and professional judgment.
- Plans unit and nursing resource utilization based on
established admission, discharge and transfer criteria, initiating
appropriate intervention and collaboration to optimize patient care
and unit/department operations.
- Identifies and communicates staff needs for continuing
education to the Manager.
- Serves as a resource or "Super User" for documentation in the
electronic medical record.
- Leads or participates in interdisciplinary patient rounds and
care conferences, management rounding to patients and staff, and
Rounding to Influence (Safety First).
- Reviews timecards using Kronos.
- Leads or delegates daily huddles and maintains huddle
- Assists nursing and interdisciplinary team in patient/family
education and discharge planning.
- Assumes 24-hour accountability during periods when the manager
is on vacation or leave of absence
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a
Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required, or actively in pursuit
of BSN degree (accepted into a BSN Program and/or currently
enrolled). Expected to take at least six credits per year at Unit
Director's discretion for exception.
- 12 months of RN experience required. 24 months preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified
or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable
credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C, West Des Moines , Supervisor Nursing, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!