Ophthalmic Medical Technician
Company: Des Moines Eye Surgeons
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Des Moines Eye Surgeons is looking to add a qualified and
compassionate Ophthalmic Medical Technician to our outstanding
staff that has a passion for creating a positive patient
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform exam pre-screening and advanced testing
- Assist doctor with scribing
- A minimum of one year experience in some type of medical
- Preferred candidate will have experience in the field of eye
Other Skills And Abilities
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team
ordinated and patient-focused
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and patients
in a courteous, professional manner at all times
- PATIENT WORKUP (including but not limited to)
- VA and history taking.
- Patient evaluation and charting evaluation.
- Fill rooms for assigned doctor.
- Scribe as needed.
- Epic. Learned in later stages of training.
- Procedures including but not limited to Applanation tonometry,
tonopen, A/R, Topo, Pachy, VF, OCT, PAM.
- Keep equipment clean and in working order.
- Keep rooms and work spaces clean and orderly.
- Assist doctor by getting supplies and performing any tasks
- Perform complete eye examinations on new patients from history
- Answer phone calls as requested.
- Participate in clinical/office meetings as requested.
Requirements Of The Position
- Must be professional in appearance as outlined in employee
- Communicate with the doctors in writing and/or verbally all
test findings on each patient.
- Must present to patients in a professional and friendly manner,
always assisting in the safety and well being of each patient.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain patient flow at the
pace dictated by each day's schedule.
- Prioritize duties in order to maintain the patient work
- Must demonstrate dependability in attendance, punctuality and
Full time, Healthcare paid at 65% of the individual premium (BCBS),
50% paid Dental (Delta Dental), AFLAC offered, 401K after 1 year,
Maternity benefits after 2 years, Employee Assistance Program
(EFR), and many more benefits.
Keywords: Des Moines Eye Surgeons, West Des Moines , Ophthalmic Medical Technician, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!