EP RN - Iowa Heart
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Overview: MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit,
Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
: Under direction, provides professional nursing care for adult
office patients following Iowa Heart Center (IHC) established
standards and practices, consistent with the Iowa Heart Center
- Triages phone calls, gives verbal and written orders according
to standing orders or established protocols.
- Provides assistance to EP doctor in office, and facilitates
- Performs interrogation and reprogramming on all models of
pacemakers and ICD's, and documents according to IHC
- Performs general and cardiac nursing care to patients.
Administers prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with
- Reviews remote transmissions and completes documentation
according to IHC protocol.
- Reads and researches patient records, charts and Practice
Manager System for other pertinent information. May dictate history
and physical, consults and other professional related letters.
- Reviews and reports pertinent test(s) and outside examination
results, scrutinize for needed follow-up; communicates to
- Maintains practice standards in regard to Quality Improvement
- Provides patient and family education and documents in medical
- Acts as a problem solver as it relates to patient, family,
physician issues according to protocol.
- Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform
required duties of the position.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Three years of RN nursing experience required. Two years of
critical care experience preferred or clinical cardiac equivalent
- Current licensure as R.N., state of Iowa or compact state.
- Valid Iowa Driver's/Chauffeurs License required, must meet
Mercy's Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be at least 18 years
of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified
or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Level I Cardiac Arrhythmia class completion within 6
- Level II 12 Lead EKG class completion within 1 year
- Level III Advanced 12 Lead EKG class within 18 months
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: ambulatory, hospice, intensive care, maternal,
nurse rn, psychiatric, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse,
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, West Des Moines , EP RN - Iowa Heart, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!