RN - Cath Lab Recovery
Company: MercyOne West Des Moines
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Overview: MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit,
Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
:Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients of
all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate patient
care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers
nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center
policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and professional
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care for patients of
diverse ages while ensuring patient comfort.
- Practices safe patient handling techniques and is proficient
with aseptic techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and
emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use
(i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices).
Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms
whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Utilizes hospital information system to process orders/data and
retrieve patient information. Documents procedures in patient
medical record. Maintains knowledge of documentation requirements
needed for patients' records.
Cath Lab RN:
- Cares for patients during Cardiac Cath Lab procedures which
include, but are not limited to, coronary angiography, PTCA,
stents, pediatric and adult heart catheterizations, peripheral PTA,
EPS, Ablation, PPM, ICD, Valvuloplasty, and laser procedures.
- Maintains readiness of equipment in procedure rooms. Acquires
supplies needed for procedures and passes to physician or assistant
maintaining sterile technique. Assists in maintaining inventory
- Transports patients to and from procedure rooms.
- May apply manual pressure to puncture site to obtain hemostasis
Cath Lab Recovery RN:
- Cares for patients recovering from Cardiac Cath Lab
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a
Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a bedside nurse OR
completion of a Cath Lab preceptorship required.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American
Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart
Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
within 1 year of hire.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, care, ccu, intensive,
nurse, nurse rn, recovery, staff nurse
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines, West Des Moines , RN - Cath Lab Recovery, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!