Strategic Planning Manager 2
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: April 14, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers
financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for
talented people who will put our customers at the center of
everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll
feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team
includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services,
Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management,
Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the
professional services teams that partner with these businesses.
PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and
deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings
to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding
principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner
The Consumer Collections & Servicing (CCS) team is comprised of
3,800 team members responsible for all pre and post-charge-off debt
collection, core servicing, credit bureau dispute resolution and
reporting, and complaint management for Wells Fargos Card and
Retail Services business, as well as the Student Loan, Overdraft
DDA and Personal Lines and Loans products. This team focuses on
working with customers to resolve past due balances with solutions
focused on helping our customers succeed financially.
This position will report to the newly formed Business
Transformation Leader reporting to the Head of Collections and
Customer Service (CCS). As we re-imagine and transform the
collections and servicing business, this position exists to provide
strategy, leadership and execution towards the transformation with
a lens towards digitization and automation. Including:
- Leverage process related inventories and repositories to
maintain breadth and depth of understanding of all processes, risks
& controls within supported operations.
- Assist in the development and execution of the innovation,
digitization, self-service and automation roadmap for the
- Develop governance and road map for logical prioritization of
process transformation and maturity
- Lead matrixed relationships to execute against the road map
with operations, process engineering, project management, controls
- Facilitate the design of transformative, automated &
sustainable solutions for new issue (SHRPs) as they arise and
categorize proper prioritization within the overall road map
This Position is critical towards achieving strategic
transformation imperatives: De-risking operations; Efficiency &
effectiveness; Customer experience; Team Member experience and
Timely / sustainable issue resolution.
Scope of work includes:
- Broad product knowledge and associated risks for open-end,
closed-end, secured and unsecured lending products as well as
deposit (i.e. Credit Card, Retail Services, Dillards, Personal
Lines & Loans, Education Finance Services, and Deposit accounts).
Diverse operational areas containing many high risk processes for
the bank (i.e. Collections, Servicing, Credit Bureau Disputes,
Legal Judgments, Bankruptcy, Deceased, Recovery and 3rd Party
- Breadth of products and services will require working with a
wide variety of technology systems, systems or record and business
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by
leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where
your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work
that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing
and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and
feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and
managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of strategic planning experience
- 3+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7 plus years management, strategy and transformation experience
with a proven track record of execution across large organizations
/ multi-site environment
- Experience in operations, collections, servicing and/or call
- Strategic leader with the ability to develop road maps &
navigate towards a vision; concurrently ensuring strong awareness
and engagement at the most detailed execution levels.
- Experienced relationship manager influencing leadership in a
- Experience with tools, concepts and technological abilities
leveraged to transform process (e.g. process automation, artificial
intelligence, agile development).
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior
and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Development of programs and governance methodologies having
passed regulator and audit scrutiny. Demonstrated customer service
orientation, both with external customers as well as internal
- Strong knowledge of CCS products, process, risks, controls,
- Strong knowledge of consumer protection regulations, state
laws, policies and procedures impacting CCS operations.
- Experience with enterprise approach to Issue management, root
cause analysis, resolution and customer remediation.
- Experience with the design, development and implementation of
process controls to mitigate risk.
- Previous experience developing/designing transformational
solutions across large-scale, matrixed, customer-centric
- Ability to build structure out of ambiguity and thrive in an
environment filled with organizational change
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are
critical to success in this role.
- Strategic Leadership Creating and achieving a desired future
state vision through influence on individual and group goals,
reinforcements and systems
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and
mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior
knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships
internally and externally
- Organizational Awareness Having and using knowledge of systems,
situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify
potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the
impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the
company as well as the impact on investors, customers, and
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of
attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and
- An impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency,
big picture, detail orientation and business acumen
- A self-starter with a working knowledge of risk management
fundamentals and policy creation
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented;
possesses a strong work ethic
- Able to effectively and constructively lead change in an
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
DisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent
upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal
background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including
Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Strategic Planning Manager 2, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!