Operational Risk Manager 2 (Home Lending Customer Remediation)
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve customers through approximately 6,000 branches and 13,000 ATMs in 39 states and the District of Columbia. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. Weve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our National Underwriting and Production Risk Management mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
This is an opportunity to fill an Operational Risk Manager 2 role on the Production Quality Risk Management (PQRM) team, supporting mortgage production functions including Retail, Correspondent, Home Equity and other related Lines of Business. Specifically, this role will be responsible for oversight of customer remediation.
Responsibilities including the following:
- Lead/Oversee Remediation projects, including leveraging business acumen and subject matter expertise
- Define/Clarify problem statement
- Leverage data to identify the impacted population
- Leverage Fulfillment and Sales business acumen
- Subject matter expertise to perform root cause
- Analyze potential solutions with stakeholders
- Create project plan and success metrics
- Drive to defined deliverable time lines to meet implementation, validation, and closure targets
- Develop, implement and monitor risk-based programs within the Consumer Lending Group
- Pro-actively identify, assess and mitigate operational and compliance risk through facilitating the development of more robust preventive controls
- Identify, assess and mitigate regulatory compliance and operational risk
- Provide regulatory compliance and operational risk expertise to projects and initiatives
- Corrective action knowledge including root cause analysis and development of sustainable solutions
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the enterprise to drive operational risk and remediation project results
- Establish partnership with CLG Sales/Fulfillment/Matrix partners
- Drive/influence behavior change while embracing the evolution of improvement
- Establish an environment and protocol for risk self-identification within the Business
- Establish a culture of quality
- Standardize processes and protocols
- Minimize defects
- Establish preventive controls that mitigate risk
- Build awareness across the enterprise about compliance and operational risk issues
- Create an environment of performance accountability
- Influence the development of policies and procedures
**Preferred locations are posted, will consider all Wells Fargo locations as well as telecommute options.**
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of management experience, or 3+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of mortgage operations experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements or providing oversight to a compliance function
- Wells Fargo origination systems experience including LIS, or LPS, or CORE
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to manage complex business processes associated with projects
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CICAT (Centralized Issue and Corrective Action Tracking) System
- Knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma methodology
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Knowledge and understanding of corrective action plan program and processes in consumer remediation
- Experience leading a fast paced, demanding, and deadline driven production environment
- Exposure to Wells Fargos Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Street AddressIA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 2650 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 8505 Ibm Drive - Charlotte, NCDisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Manager 2 (Home Lending Customer Remediation), Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!