Operational Risk Manager 5
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 7, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members. This individual will manage a team responsible for providing risk oversight, consulting and guidance to Wells Fargo PVSI and Consumer Banking businesses to establish processes for effectively managing operational risks associated with IS processes and policies/standards. Specifically this individual will have and provide technical expertise, manage a team and drive execution of the following for the Group ISL team:
- Risk Mitigation: Analyze operational risk, compliance and business data to further identify, understand and mitigate root causes of IS issues. Leverage organizational knowledge, LOB risk culture, systems, processes and applicable policies to identify potential problems and opportunities and implement effective, consistent and sustainable solutions.
- IS Program Implementation: Execute best in class processes to protect information assets. Specifically, drive consistency in data loss prevention (DLP) management, Cybersecurity oversight and implementation, IS risk assessment and controls implementation, comprehensive third party reviews, and identity access management.
- Analysis and Risk Identification: Work with the business risk teams and across the LOBs to identify trends, provide risk-based recommendations and associated action plans in order to effectively mitigate the root causes of IS issues.
- Data and Reporting: Provide insightful analysis and reporting to LOB and Enterprise Risk senior leadership regarding IS program state and key risk indicators, along with associated action plans for material risks (e.g., incident management data loss prevention, risk assessments, policy and program changes, Cybersecurity program, KRI identification and management, etc.). Ability to simplify the complex.
- Facilitate sharing of best practices and communication: Ability to develop relationships across multiple organizations, identify and share best practices with business partners across PVSI and Consumer Banking.
- Chief of Staff functions supporting the Group ISL including all team meetings, administrative data gathering and rollup routines, process coordination, cross team process implementation activities, and providing group level qualitative risk commentary.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 6+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Knowledge and understanding of information security risk assessment procedures, risk mitigation or remediation
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Cyber/Information Security Industry Certification
- Demonstrated experience building high performing teams
- Standard working hours
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Manager 5, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!