Financial Crimes Manager 3
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Internal Team Members: Inquiries and communication on this posting should be directed to the recruiter, Nga Olubodun. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of business and at all levels. Success comes from inviting and incorporating diverse perspectives.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.The Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation Fraud and Claims Management (PVSI FCM) team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses. The team reviews account activity and high-risk transactions to prevent victim and perpetrator fraud, processes check fraud and Automated Clearing House (ACH) claims, investigates and resolves customer disputes (fraud and non-fraud) on all transaction types and manages all Wells Fargo identity theft cases.The RoleThis position will create and manage a Consumer Reporting Furnishings and Identity Theft Program for Fraud & Claims Management (FCM). Position will be responsible for the development and implementation of procedures, process mapping, controls, oversight, analytics, and upstream/downstream interactions and dependencies. Position will ensure all furnishing and IDT activities are compliant with applicable regulations, including but not limited to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, UDAAP, and the operating rules of each Consumer Reporting Agency. Represents FCM on furnishing-related audits, examinations, and other inquiries from law enforcement or regulators. Will serve as a subject matter expert on projects and initiatives related to furnishings identity theft. Will be the primary FCM point of contact with the Disputes COE, the law department, and projects impacting FCM and furnishings. May lead other significant programs in addition to Furnishing & IDT, as needed. Other duties to include:
- Manage team of individual contributors
- SME for audits, exams, initiatives, and issues related to funishings
- Development and administration of FCM Furnishings Program (identify relevant processes with furnishings or ID theft implications, develop consistent controls and oversight.)
- Ensure End-to-End processes are documented, socialized, and compliant
- Develop assurance and automation strategies to ensure processes are well executed
- Coordinate all activities with Disputes COE and Consumer Reporting Agencies****Location is flexible and telecommuting may be considered.
- 9+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 3+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
Furnishings & Identity Theft:
- Experience with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, furnishings, or consumer reporting agencies
- Prior experience with development of a furnishings program to include identifying relevant processes with furnishings or ID theft implications, and developing consistent controls and oversight
- Prior implementation experience to ensure all furnishing and IDT activities are compliant with applicable regulations and protocols are being followed
- Ability to compile and present executive reportingFraud/Risk Management:
- Experience with Fraud, Financial Crimes and related regulations FCRA, Reg. Z, UDAAP, CRA operating rules
- Ability to represent the team on related audits, examinations, and other inquiries from law enforcement or regulators
- A deep understanding of ever-evolving governance processes and regulatory environments including experience in working with internal risk/compliance and external regulators.
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controlsBusiness Process:
- Experience leading larger-scale, cross LOB programs
- Experience using business knowledge and critical thinking skills to deliver upstream and downstream project impacts
- Experience capturing and documenting complex end-to-end business requirements which may include workflows, process maps, or business processes
- Ability to identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficienciesManagement experience:
- Experience managing individual contributors as direct reports
- Strong leadership experience including: directing and delegating activities of team members, performance management, career development, coaching, mentoring, and succession planningPartnership:
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization and develop collaborative partnerships Experience working effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Proven proficiency in working and influencing within a matrixed environment to build effective cross business partnerships within all levels of executives and team members
- Experience conducting meetings, presentations and status reporting
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: adjuster, auto, automobile, claim investigator, fraud, insurance examiner, investigate, investigation, liability, liability adjuster
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Financial Crimes Manager 3, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!