Company: Troon International
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Putts & Pins
West Des Moines, IA 50266, USA
DescriptionWho You Are:Are you ready? Have you prepared yourself
and your career to be a part of a successful organization that
truly operates in a -FUN -and -HOSPITABLE -environment? Putts N
Pins is now hiring an enthusiastic leader who enjoys working in an
environment with a high level of -RESPECT -between coworkers and
guests. This is your chance to build -COMRADERY -with our guests
and use your intrapersonal skills to give the highest level of
service possible, in an environment of -INTEGRITY -and -HONESTY. We
pride ourselves on providing a safe, fun and exciting
work-place.The General Manager will curate and foster the inclusive
and stylized culture that allows the team to consistently exceed
guest experiences through an outstanding food and beverage
operation. The General Manager needs to be articulate, inspiring,
and personable. They are a true professional who can impart
detailed knowledge of our menus, wines, cocktail lists and games
with staff and guests alike. They are meticulous when it comes to
pre-shift preparation and meetings, dining room and bar setup, and
atmosphere. They are obsessive about the tiniest things. They will
do anything for a guest or coworker and they take pride in
delivering a world-class occasion each and every day.Where You
Work:Welcome to Putts N Pins, a uniquely distinct full service
indoor restaurant & bar amidst 2 miniature putting greens and
duckpin bowling lanes. The venue is located in Des Moines, IA and
is recognized for its awesome food, finest cocktails and superior
service, which is delivered among a high-energy, classic pop rock
vibe. Joining our team not only provides you with unparalleled
career opportunities, but it is also the place where you will
connect and be surrounded by other talented hospitality
professionals like yourself, working together to create memorable
dining experiences for our guests. The atmosphere is vibrant, the
music is upbeat, and the comradery is alive - there's nowhere else
you'd rather be.
- Quarterly performance bonus available, up to 20% per year
- Holidays off on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas
- Cell phone reimbursement for work purposes
- Annual associate of the year (AOY) award/gift and party
- Associate of the quarter (AOQ) award and gift
- Annual associate party and presentation of the AOY
- Complimentary meals, when working
- Food and gaming discounts
- 10 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per Troon handbook
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance available, per Troon
- 401K retirement plan, with matching, per Troon handbookWhat You
- Develop and execute strategy to meet/exceed annual department
- Lead in cohesion and efficiencies through the operation and
- Oversee the creation and execution of high quality banquet and
catering events throughout event space.
- Develop relationships with the guests to personalize and
anticipate service needs.
- Lead and coach all department managers, food service associates
- Maintain and foster relationships with vendors and third party
- Develop schedules that meet the demands of the venue and within
the budgeted labor expenses.
- Ensure the completion of all month end inventories to include
the kitchen, bars and supplies.
- Develop budget, cost analysis, and ongoing financial
- Assist in the marketing of the venue both internal and
- Assist in the managing of front-line associates, including
supervisors, food servers and bartenders and technology staff.
- Promote and implement all food and beverage standards,
procedures and policies outlined by RealRestaurant Management.
- Assist and lead in interviewing, hiring, training, planning,
assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, communicate
opportunities, praise, progressive performance documentations of
all managers, food servers and bartenders; address complaints and
- Manage department members that may include, but is not limited
to: Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager, Catering Director and
Manager, food server, lead bartender, food servers, bartenders and
any other personnel.
- Assure that effective orientation and training are given to
each new associate. Develop ongoing training programs and tests for
- Monitor business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas
of labor, productivity, costs, and other expenses.
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance.
- 51% of each day is dedicated to managerial and supervisory
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as required.Education/Experience:Field
related education or two or more years of related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Venue opening experience strongly preferredPhysical
Demands:Frequently stands, sits, walks, tastes, smells, talks,
hears, uses hands, and reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally
sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches.
Occasionally lifts up to 50 poundsOften works in wet or humid
conditions (non-weather), near moving mechanical parts, near fumes
or airborne particles, with toxic or caustic chemicals and in
extreme heat or cold (non-weather). Noise level is moderate to
constant.Certificates/Licenses:Food Safety and Applicable
Sanitation Training, Alcohol Awareness Training CertifiedJob
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Must meet state age requirements for handling alcoholic
- Strong working knowledge of wine, spirits and regional
- Demonstrates Leadership ability including skills to communicate
and express ideas and directives clearly to associates
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
to ensure a quick response to member and guest needs.
- High level of active listening skills and strong member/guest
service skills which includes the ability to resolve
issues/complaints with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to create high performance teams and to be a strong
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to company values
- Organizational development abilities with a strong focus on
individual and team advancement
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook and POS systems
- Ability to maintain effective financial accountability to the
company and to the ownership
- Complete and comprehensive understanding of the physical
infrastructure, food and beverage controls and financial back
office systems of a hospitality/food service environment
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage service equipment and
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the
organization to Troon employees, clients and vendors
- Fluent in English speaking, writing and understandingThis job
description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job
functions that an associate in this position may be asked to
perform from time to time.
Keywords: Troon International, West Des Moines , General Manager, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!