Director Application Development, .NET
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 16, 2023
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a
leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and
acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing
number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement
needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves
against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar
even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.Purpose:Prepares
resource plans to effectively accomplish Athene's strategy
direction. Plans, leads, and influences multiple complex business
and technology strategic and tactical program(s). PERFORMANCE
METRICS: Directs efforts of technical teams to successful
deliveries. -Delivers projects within defined EPMO fundamental
metrics: schedule, costs and resource allocations. Achieves a
positive culture measured by team/department feedback.
-Demonstrates an influential relationship measured by feedback from
business and IT managers. Increases the skill maturity according to
plan and metrics defined within centers of excellence. Understands
and guides internal policies and procedures (standards, controls,
- Plans and facilitates the development of a multi-year plan
aligning to enterprise strategies, objectives, and goals. -
- Prepare resource plans to effectively accomplish Athene's
strategy direction. -
- Plans, leads, and influences multiple complex business and
technology strategic and tactical program(s). -
- Empowers team to own and take responsibility for their jobs and
- Builds and fosters strong relationship with business areas and
IT by influencing a wide variety of stakeholders. -
- Role model and promotes centers of excellence for domain
specific discipline. - -
- Proactively identifies risks and interdependencies and prevents
conflicts or resource contentions before they arise on projects and
within the technical team. -
- A strength to right-size the message to influence the audience.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices and influences the use
of applicable technologies. -
- Maintains fiscal budget for strategically aligned team. -
- Directs program, project and technical teams - both individual
contributors and managers. -
- Formal people management responsibilities. -
- Ensures adherence of internal policies and procedures
(standards, controls, metrics and budget). -Qualifications and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and work
- 7+ years of technical/professional experience required.
- 5+ years of direct team leadership and personnel management
- Expert in Systems Development Methodologies (SDLC) and
awareness of agile/iterative approaches.
- Utilized resource tools to direct capacity, forecast, demand,
and allocation of people.
- Skilled with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Ability to adapt to evolving business needs.
- Previous annuity or financial services experience
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate across the business.Drive.
Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. - Learn more about
.Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! - Learn more about how we
support our .Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion
and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. - We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or
Keywords: Athene, West Des Moines , Director Application Development, .NET, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!