Senior Vice President, Finance and Accounting
Company: Lifespace Communities, Inc.
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Don't just live life....love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our
passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your
career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own
lasting impression. Lifespace Communities is looking for a top
Senior Vice President, Finance and Accounting to join our
leadership team. This position reports to our CFO and oversees the
vision, leadership and direction for general accounting and
reporting, accounts payable, revenue cycle, external reporting,
operations finance, treasury, and financial planning and analysis
teams. A few details about the role:
- Oversee the timely delivery of all centralized accounting
functions, which include financial reporting, budgeting, general
ledger, billing, and accounts payable.
- Develop, update, and maintain ten-year forecasting for
- Oversee internal and external audits and make recommendations
and changes to processes.
- Oversee the timing and preparation of the Internal Revenue
Service Form 990's.
- Supervise budget preparation and billings. Oversee accounting
activities, cash, investment, and asset management. Develop and
coordinate the operational functions of the accounting department.
Ensure accurate reporting and conformance to financial
- Ensure accuracy, integrity, and effectiveness of all monthly,
quarterly, and annual disclosures as part of the continuing
disclosure agreements are completed and filed on a timely
- Build an enterprise analytics function that provides the
business with reporting and analytics to drive business
- Oversee and advise the CFO in developing internal control
policies, guidelines, and procedures, and accounting policies,
ensuring the policies are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Prepare quarterly financial documents for the Finance and
Investment Committee of the Board of Directors and present
financials as requested by the CFO.
- Interface with community resident finance committees on issues
related to budgets and actual costs incurred.
- Responsible for performing research and concluding on technical
US GAAP issues and other statutory reporting issues; ensure new
accounting pronouncements are properly recorded or disclosed in the
quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Work closely with the operations, sales, and other departments
on financial issues and analysis; review all financials
- Work closely with the CFO on financings, performing detailed
reviews of financing agreements, schedules and providing required
information to analysts, consultants, attorneys, and others;
ensures processes are in place to comply with ongoing reporting
- Assist with redevelopment projects by reviewing forecasts;
reconciliations to actual results and ensuring the project budgets
are being appropriately tracked. And here's what you need to apply:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Fifteen years of experience in finance and accounting.
- Ten years hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Experience as controller.
- CPA, CMA or MBA are preferred. Lifespace has enjoyed over 40
years of success and this is just the beginning. With new
opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your
Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience
Living Lifespace. If you are excited to learn and grow, be
excellent, thrive with your team and deliver personalized
experiences you'll enjoy your career with us! Equal Opportunity
Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Keywords: Lifespace Communities, Inc., West Des Moines , Senior Vice President, Finance and Accounting, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!