Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Join a passionate and purpose-driven team of colleagues who
contribute to Trustmark's mission of helping people increase
wellbeing through better health and greater financial security. At
Trustmark, you'll work collaboratively to transform lives and help
people, communities and businesses thrive. Flourish in a culture
where appreciation, mutual respect and trust are constants, not
just for our customers but for ourselves.
For more than four decades, Trustmark Health Benefits has crafted
integrated, flexible, and tailored employer health plan designs
that seamlessly meet specific business needs and delight members.
Each of our offices around the country is managed locally, by
industry veterans who understand the dynamics of the markets they
serve. Our responsive and empathetic service teams provide the
highest level of support for employers and members. Our local
expertise and service represents our national strength. We are an
independently operated subsidiary of Trustmark Mutual Holding
Trustmark Health Benefits is currently seeking an Eligibility
Manager . The Eligibility Manager is responsible for the day-to-day
supervision, leadership, and management of a team, or multiple
teams, in two or more Health Benefits locations. Manager will
enable the team to meet our client and corporate commitments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, successful
achievement of team quality, production and service expectations,
staff development, successful implementation of new clients, and
retention of existing clients. The Manager is responsible for
coaching, answering complex or difficult questions, advising team
members regarding processes and procedures, and providing support
to ensure all department goals are met. The Manager is expected to
have greater visibility and accountability than a Supervisor
including providing advanced technical guidance on Dependent
Eligibility Audits, Electronic Eligibility, ID cards and Automated
Enrollment and may act as a Subject Matter Expert for related
projects and initiatives.
Please note that after training, you will be working in a hybrid
capacity working 2 days in the office and 3 days remotely.
- Plan, direct and manage the work of the team. Adjust hours and/or
staff assignments as needed based on staff availability and
business need. Take corrective action as necessary
- Manage, monitor, track and report performance of staff to ensure
inventory, turnaround time, production, quality and service
objectives are achieved. Establish and implement workflow
- Create, manage, and run recurring and custom reports as required
to manage work, resolve issues, and report performance.
- Provide timely and accurate information regarding client, Health
Benefits or Compliance updates that impact team.
- Lead, implement, manage, and successfully complete Dependent
o Interface directly with the client (employer), to obtain
agreement with the process and timeframes
o Ensure staffing levels and metrics are agreed upon and
o Continue to work with Employer providing updates, negotiate
changes as needed
- Serve as a resource/SME for team members and projects on all
aspects of Eligibility including, but not limited to Dependent
Eligibility Audits, Electronic Eligibility, automated enrollment,
Real Time Eligibility, ID cards, in addition to manual
- Work with other functional teams to collaborate and provide
feedback on process and system improvements e.g. Triple E, Portal,
Claims, Finance, Pre-processing, and so
- Responsible for building positive and collaborative relationships
with clients, team members , other functions within the
organization, and vendors to provide Eligibility and related
expertise daily for questions and problem resolution as well as
proactively during group implementations and open enrollment.
- Responsible for clearly communicating expectations and goals to
team members and creating a culture of accountability for their
work, mentoring and development of staff members, and completing
- Handle personnel matters including mentoring, coaching,
motivating, performance management and feedback, recognition,
performance evaluation and time tracking of direct reports.
- Provide input into compensation and promotion increases.
- Regularly communicate with staff via department meetings and
one-on-one meetings with team members
- Mentor and develop leaders within team.
- Interview and recommend viable candidates for job openings.
- Collaborate with location/region Trainers to orient and develop
new staff, assess performance and training needs, timely and
effectively implement new policy and procedure, assess ongoing
training needs, and provide training, as needed.
- Resolve client or member/employee escalated issues
- Work with other departments and vendors as needed to resolve
- Recommend changes to resolve repetitive issues.
- Interface with Client Management Team, other functions and
vendors to ensure successful implementation of new clients, and
retention of existing clients, from an eligibility perspective.
- Effectively communicate and advise staff on client requirements
and unique client handling to ensure proper eligibility management.
Participate in or oversee User Testing to eligibility is set-up
- Participate in client meetings or sales presentations as
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years Eligibility experience
- Eligibility Supervisor Experience
- Self-directed individual who works well with minimal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with employees/members, providers,
clients and differing levels of co-workers including Client
Managers and all levels of staff
- Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form
- Ability to effectively deal with problems in varying situations
and reach resolution
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents and Summary Plan
- Flexible; open to continued process improvement
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Self-Funded Insurance/Benefits and/or TPA experience
Keywords: Trustmark, West Des Moines , Eligibility Manager, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!