Assistant Night Stock Manager - Full Time
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Job Title: Assistant Night Stock Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 10/2016
Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
overall profitability. Assists in supervising Night Stock
employees. Ensures the trucks are unloaded and merchandise is
stocked and stored in an appropriate and orderly manner.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Managers; Night Stock Manager
Positions that Report to you: Night Stock Crew
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a
friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to
customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to
customers and sets a good example.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Orders products from warehouse; pre-orders, orders from grocery
to dock, pre-orders for grocery, non foods, and supplies; orders
for departments from the lists provided by department and frozen;
walks store and reviews for needs; prepares per-orders and orders
them, coordinates work with assistant managers, and assigns duties
to part time employees.
- Supervises night stock crew; assigns work duties and holds
consultations with employees.
- Supervises and directs assistant managers, departments, and
- Coordinates CARS system; set up, inventory each section of sub
dock, understock and back stocks, sets triggers for reordering,
maintenance on system, removes damage and mix picks, removes
inventory used by departments from grocery, and generates order and
- Unloads trucks and breaks down pallets; pulls pallets to back
room, breaks down pallets to match up with the aisle, sorts items
from pallets to like items from the warehouse as necessary.
- Checks in vendor deliveries piece by piece (example: Lomar
Check in, bread, chips, etc.) Supervises drop shipment and direct
- Writes schedule for night stock.
- Monitors time-off requests, vacation requests, and sick
- Reviews and monitors weekly overtime hours.
- Trains new employees for facing pull downs, order tags, UPC's,
checking, sacking, stocking, etc.
- Trains new employees on handling registers, Customer Service,
and department services.
- Monitors productivity and reviews individually with crew
- Understands and troubleshoots the repair of store equipment
including electrical and cash register systems, coolers and
compressors, machine room, display cases, etc.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Runs back stock and understock; cereal, paper, juice, fills
holes as needed.
- Assists with customer service; check out, checking, sacking,
and carry outs; customer service; cash accountability, day end
reports, closes registers; opens registers for new days business;
handles and satisfies customer issues in person and on phone.
- Meets with crew members weekly or as needed.
- Sets and resets new items and tags, and prices as needed.
- Sets in-store specials for prior ad items; sets the price using
cost plus percentage for the section (or leave it as the ad price);
tags items and raises prices when supply is gone.
- Supervises produce and frozen food trucks while unloading,
ensures items are put in proper coolers.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning the work of
others, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, and
coordinating the activities of others. Selects new employees and
acts on employee problems. Has the authority to recommend the
transferring/promoting, disciplining, and discharging of employees,
along with recommending salary increases.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Three to five years
of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform heavy work, including
exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, as well as in
excess of 100 pounds of force to move objects.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near
range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasionally
lifting or carrying objects of no more than 10 pounds, and
occasionally standing or walking, reaching, handling, grasping,
feeling talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving
fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to compose original correspondence;
interpret written work instructions; interview job applicants;
follow technical manuals and have increased contact with
This position is occasionally exposed to noise, vibrations,
equipment movement hazard, chemicals/solvents, and frequently
exposed to dirt.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telexon ordering unit, computer, compressor, C.A.R.S. system, power
jack, compactor, check register, fork lift, scales, Tomra machines,
two wheeler, and box cutter.
Cash registers, pre-orders and regular orders, inventory, CARS
system and its orders, pricing items/books, and received
This position has daily contact with suppliers/vendors and
Keywords: Hy-Vee, West Des Moines , Assistant Night Stock Manager - Full Time, Executive , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!