Operational Risk Consultant 4 - PVSI Control Analytics/Reporting
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 9, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargos vision is to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,200 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortunes 2017 rankings of Americas largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation
PVSI, led by Avid Modjtabai, brings together the Companys payments platforms, digital capabilities, as well as online, mobile, and phone channels and innovation teams. It has six major business units, including: Cards and Retail Services; Deposit Products Group; Digital Innovation Channels; Operations; Treasury, Merchant, and Payment Solutions; and Contact Center. It also invests in research and development and strategic partnerships to design and build next generation products and customers.
The PVSI Control team is specifically responsible for the management of non-financial risk within PVSI, including operational risk, compliance risk, model risk, reputation risk and strategic risk.
This individual contributor will be responsible for leading efforts for a team within the Analysis, Reporting and Research program within the PVSI business. This candidate will work on a small team responsible for developing reporting, building analytical solutions and executing data analysis across multiple risk program within the business.
This will provide business executives and members of PVSI management with risk intelligence across all risk types to be used to identify, monitor and report on risks and controls. The Reporting and Analysis team member will work closely with a large/matrixed team of risk professionals and work cross functionally with multiple support partners. The Analysis, Reporting and Research function will work with the PVSI business to develop reporting and support data analysis to be used by the control teams across to manage and identify risks. The candidate will work closely with other senior leaders across PVSI and the company in the development and execution of companys strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Companys risk management execution.
This collaborative individual contributor must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having ability to make timely and difficult decisions.
Successful candidate will have ability to distill complex concepts into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those concepts effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met. They will use both vision and analysis to identify business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including PVSI Control Team Executive, PVSI Analytics and Reporting Officer, PVSI Business Unit (BU)-Aligned Control Teams, PVSI Risk-Aligned Control Teams, PVSI Business Management, Enterprise Data Governance Team, and Independent Risk Management.
- Define and execute data quality controls and validation
- Ensure metric and data quality consistency
- Establish and monitor automated data quality control reporting
Locations: Charlotte NC, Phoenix AZ, Minneapolis MN and Des Moines, IA are preferred but will consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 2+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Financial reporting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Data
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Ability to recruit, retain, and grow high potential talent/teams
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in risk monitoring and reporting
- Experience building effective Risk/Control programs
- Ability to lead and drive successful execution of business initiatives
- Working knowledge of PVSI relationships and transaction processes
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place
Street AddressNC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Tempe: 1330 W Alameda St - Tempe, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 730 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IADisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 4 - PVSI Control Analytics/Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!