Business Intelligence Analyst II
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: February 11, 2024
At FHLB Des Moines, we work each day to develop an inclusive
culture that supports and leverages the complexity of a diverse
workforce. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our
members and help them succeed.The Business Intelligence (BI)
Analyst II is a key member of the Enterprise Data team that ensures
the Bank's HUB and BI infrastructure supports the Bank's strategic
direction and tactical data and reporting needs. This role is
responsible for the definition and documentation of business
requirements for the HUB and BI platforms, and works with the
business to leverage the power of the HUB and BI platforms towards
strategic business advantage. This role works with all stakeholders
to determine business data and information requirements, reporting
needs, controls, validation requirements, and key performance
indicators needed to ensure an effective HUB and BI implementation.
This role also is responsible for development and deployment of BI
- Works with internal customers, external consultants, IT staff
and other stakeholders to define or refine requirements for HUB and
- Determines and documents detailed data mapping documents that
outline the movement and transformation of data within the HUB
- Determines and documents detailed view requirements that
stipulate how the HUB renders data to the consumers.
- Performs data profiling and data analysis to document data
patterns as part of data mapping, and to determine root cause
analysis of data issues with the HUB or Bank systems.
- Determines and documents detailed reporting requirements based
on the Bank's chosen BI and reporting platform.
- Works with the business to prototype reports and BI dashboards
as needed to clarify requirements.
- Defines and deploys BI dashboards.
- Acts as a champion for the HUB and BI initiatives to
communicate business value and HUB capabilities.
- Collaborates with Business Process Management to determine and
document key data requirements based on future state process models
as related to HUB and BI requirements.
- Determines and documents data criticality requirements for data
- Determines and documents data reconciliation control
requirements to provide evidence of data accuracy and
- Provides end-user training on HUB reporting tools and BI
- Maintains the Bank's business data glossary, including
definitions of business attributes, subject areas, system of
record, and known copies of data.
- Provides tactical support for project management as
- Proposes changes to methodologies, procedures, and software
development lifecycle to ensure continuous improvement.
- Develops HUB reports as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, engineering, computer science, or
- 3 - 5 years working knowledge of the data supporting business
functions such as accounting, lending, securities trading, member
operations or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years' experience with business process design within a
commercial or wholesale mortgage bank.
- Must be analytical, results-driven, and able to employ the
right approach and methods to make the maximum use of time and
- Proven ability to document requirement specifications in a
clear and concise manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative, and communication skills
that allow effective, proactive working relationships in a
team-oriented environment. Adept at simplifying and explaining
complex technical concepts to colleagues.
- Motivated by delivery of pragmatic solutions and long-term
- Working knowledge of investment banking and understanding of
accounting concepts. Strong understanding of Bank data, systems and
- Able to complete tasks on set budgetary parameters and
targets.Compensation Range:Annual Salary: $92,000.00 -
$102,000.00This salary range represents the Bank's good faith and
reasonable estimate of possible compensation at the time of hire.
Offer to be determined by selected applicant's education,
experience, knowledge, skills & abilities, as well as internal
equity and alignment with market data. This role is also eligible
to participate in the Bank's annual incentive plan. As part of our
competitive Total Rewards package, the Bank offers 11 paid
holidays, 5 weeks of PTO and a work culture that values work/life
balance. Most roles are eligible for our hybrid work schedule of 3
days per week in office, 2 days per week work-from-home. We match
100% of the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), and provide an
additional 4% non-discretionary contribution to your 401(k) at the
end of year. More information on our Total Rewards program can be
found .At FHLB Des Moines, we celebrate diversity, work to create
an inclusive culture and champion equity in all of our policies and
practices. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our
members and help them succeed. FHLB Des Moines is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information (including family medical
history), status as a parent or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, West Des Moines , Business Intelligence Analyst II, Accounting, Auditing , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!