Senior Testing Specialist - Customer Remediation
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 18, 2023
About this role: Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Testing
Specialist to lead, plan, and complete testing and validation
activities for the Customer Remediation Testing team. The Customer
Remediation Testing team within IT&V is responsible for testing
customer remediation activities executed by the Customer
Remediation Center of Excellence (CR COE) and the Customer
Remediation Verification team. The Independent Testing and
Validation (IT&V) team is responsible for the development and
design of methodologies and standards for review activities across
the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and
ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and
documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and
controls according to standards and other applicable policies. The
Senior Independent Testing Specialist is responsible for leading,
planning, and completing targeted testing, RCSA-based control
testing, and issue validation activities relating to the Customer
Remediation Program. They are also responsible for completing
timely and high-quality testing activities, as well as, for
identifying issues, validation concerns and observations,
recommending corrective actions, presenting results, interfacing
with business and risk partners, and writing reports. In this role,
- Lead, plan, and complete targeted testing, RCSA based control
testing and/or issue validation engagements relating to the
Customer Remediation Program.
- Participates in engagements in a matrixed environment as an
individual contributor executing/leading review activities of
moderate to high complexity.
- Possesses functional knowledge in procedures, risks, controls,
compliance, testing, data analysis, assessment of findings,
escalation and reporting, while developing risk acumen.
- Knowledgeable of risk profile of engagement review's subject
matter (i.e. LOB, Enterprise Function, risk program, etc.).
- Assesses adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures,
processes, systems, and control environment and understands market/
business/ regulatory changes to determine impact to engagement's
plan and scope.
- Completes/leads assigned testing activities exercising
effective quality review behaviors and seeks guidance for areas of
ambiguity and/or uncertainty.
- Performs quality reviews of junior testers' work, as applicable
and assigned by supervisor.
- Escalates potential findings to engagement management, identify
potential corrective and remediation actions and follows through on
reporting and resolution per procedural guidance.
- Collaborates internally with appropriate business partners and
other IT&V team members in support of engagement's overall
review activities in addition to the individual areas of
- Builds constructive and effective relationships, exercising
effective communication behaviors, and holds self-accountable for
delivering on commitments and renegotiates when needed.
- Identifying and implementing efficiencies and process
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations to IT&V
Leadership as needed.
- Mentor and coach Associates.
- Foster relationships with team and collaborate across other all
T&V teams effectively. Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Independent Testing experience, or equivalent
demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work
experience, training, military experience, education Desired
- Experience at a public accounting firm with experience in
business process, regulatory, or audit and or business process
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements in financial
- Specialized knowledge or prior regulatory compliance testing or
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with high
attention to detail and accuracy and an ability to credibly
challenge the status quo
- Strong ability to research, trend, and analyze data
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal
formats, with various levels of management including senior
executive level leaders
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult
topics when partnering with lines of business and technology,
including the willingness and ability to question decisions,
understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative,
- Ability to adapt and rapidly adjust to changes in the
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and
PowerPoint) One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Posting Locations:
- West Des Moines, IA
- Charlotte, NC
- Fort Mill, SC
- Minneapolis, MN
- St. Louis, MO
- Irving, TX
- Tempe, AZ Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations
within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current
Wells Fargo employees. Job posting may come down early due to
volume of applicants. We Value Diversity At Wells Fargo, we believe
in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly,
we welcome applications for employment from all qualified
candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities,
pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any
other status protected by applicable law. Employees support our
focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a
strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly
establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our
customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all
applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes,
Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively
following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and
procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance
obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of
issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on
proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and
escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate
with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance
program requirements. Candidates applying to job openings posted in
US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or status as a protected veteran. Candidates applying to job
openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are
encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons
with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon
request in connection with the recruitment process.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Senior Testing Specialist - Customer Remediation, Accounting, Auditing , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...