Director, Actuary - Product Development
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a
leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and
acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing
number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement
needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves
against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar
even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.Purpose:Our
Product team is responsible for new product development including:
design, pricing, risk analysis and product implementation. This
position is responsible for developing products that meet the
competitive needs of customers and various distribution channels
while delivering profitability and risk analysis within corporate
- Lead aspects of product development for a specific product line
and present to internal stakeholders.
- Set actuarial assumptions and develop/validate new business
- Perform pricing exercises and risk analysis to ensure new
products are developed in accordance with profit and risk
- Responsible for supporting product filings to obtain state
approvals for new products. Stay current on emerging regulations
and ensure ongoing compliance with state and federal
- Prepare all spec documents, pricing memos and support drafting
of new contract language.
- Support implementation team to ensure products are delivered
timely and in line with product roadmap.
- Support marketing initiatives for new and existing product
- Lead small team of actuarial staff.Qualifications and
- A degree in Actuarial Science and/or related field is
- FSA and MAAA certifications are required.
- 7+ years of actuarial and business related experience
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, computer and team
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to prioritize
workload to meet deadlines and attain maximum effectiveness.
- Strong MS Office proficiency and actuarial software experience
with MG-ALFA is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to establish and
maintain strong relationships within the company.
- Strong Fixed Index Annuities knowledge.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions, use independent judgment, establish
priorities, and work effectively on multiple initiatives
138,150.00 - 168,850.00 USD AnnualAnnual Salary for this role is
market competitive. - Actual salary for all roles will be based
upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure
requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time
of offer. -Depending on the role, a discretionary bonus plan may be
included.Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. - Learn
more about .Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! - Learn more
about how we support our .Athene celebrates diversity, is committed
to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. - We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Athene, West Des Moines , Director, Actuary - Product Development, Accounting, Auditing , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!