Senior Talent Acquisition Manager
Company: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The Senior Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for
management, development, control and oversight of a team of Talent
Acquisition professionals. This position works closely with members
of the Human Resources team and performs both a leadership and
management function. The Senior Talent Acquisition Manager is
expected to carry out their duties and responsibilities in a manner
that is consistent with EquiTrust's Company Values of Integrity,
Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork and Passion.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Manager sets strategy for and leads a
team of talent acquisition professionals in the full cycle
recruiting efforts for all open positions at EquiTrust, including
full-time and temporary positions. The Senior Talent Acquisition
Manager is expected to partner with department leaders and managers
to align talent acquisition strategies with business goals and
objectives. As a member of the Human Resources and Communications
Team, this Senior Manager will work cross-functionally to enhance,
streamline and improve talent acquisition processes, strategy and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages employees, including but not limited to the
following activities: makes recommendations for hiring,
termination, promotions and transfers, employee development,
assessing and completing performance appraisals, responsibility
allocations and task completion, problem identification and
resolution and other day-to-day people management and leadership
- Identifies talent acquisition needs and creates linkage with
respect to organizational policies, processes and procedures and
coordinates programs, initiatives and resolutions with the
applicable business partners.
- Actively engages in the design and delivery of talent
acquisition policies, programs and procedures to align the
workforce with the talent and organizational culture.
- Spearheads and participates in activities in support of company
initiatives including but not limited to employee engagement,
talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, retention,
- Leads, mentors and trains a team of talent acquisition
professionals, including coaching, performance management, signing
off on timesheets, approving time off, making recommendations for
annual merit increases, etc.
- Leads and oversees the company's talent acquisition strategy,
policies, approach, and process.
- Provides pro-active, practical and consistent direction, advice
and guidance to senior leaders, managers and employees.
- Leads recruitment activities for middle to senior level
positions in all company locations.
- Plans and directs strategic recruitment initiatives to support
and influence company growth by attracting a diverse and innovative
workforce; and ensuring diversification and company culture fit are
considered and promoted within the process.
- Participates in talent acquisition strategic planning
activities and makes recommendations based on research, metrics and
organizational factors. Provides input and participates in
overseeing the annual budget expenditures and resource
- Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of existing
and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting talent
acquisition. Identifies trends that could impact organizational
objectives and/or operational resources.
- Manages the development and maintenance of relationships with
internal/external business partners. Identifies business needs,
service requirements, key issues, alternative solutions, and
resources for the business partners.
- Collaborates within HR team and cross-functionally to
- Maintains and facilitates partnerships with recruiting
partners, agencies, platforms and vendors.
- Responds intelligently, collaboratively and in accordance with
regulatory guidelines for workplace practices and employee
relations, while being mindful of EquiTrust's cultural values.
- Creates reports and analyses that inform stakeholders and
leadership of talent acquisition trends and data.
- Supports the Human Resources and Communications team and/or
other departments on an as needed basis.
- Willingly takes on additional responsibilities as requested in
order to accomplish department and Company objectives.
- Actively participates and contributes to the goals and
objectives of the Company by working collaboratively and fostering
a positive and inclusive work environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical abilities with the ability to analyze
quantitative and qualitative data, identify linkages, patters and
- Ability to work cross-functionally, on multiple projects of
moderate to high complexity levels with changing priorities.
- Strong initiative and can work independently to deliver results
in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent facilitation, advising, communication and influencing
skills across organizational levels and geographies.
- Sound understanding of business, business strategy, and how to
link HR initiatives to business initiatives.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of employment law and applicable HR legal and
Training and Work Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive talent acquisition and human
resources experience required.
- 3 years experience in a TA leadership position, including
setting strategy, delegation of work responsibility and duties as
- Prior experience navigating and coaching managers in the hiring
and decisioning process required.
- Experience identifying and leading process and workflow
- Prior experience leading full-cycle recruiting strategies
- Prior experience recruiting for accounting, finance, IT, sales,
legal, compliance and other corporate functions required.
- Experience recruiting for exempt and non-exempt professionals
- Experience recruiting for investment professionals
- Experience working in the life insurance and/or annuity
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Keywords: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company, West Des Moines , Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, Accounting, Auditing , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!