Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Interim Controllerjob details:
- location:West Des Moines, IA
- salary:$100 per hour
- date posted:Monday, March 16, 2020
- experience:0 Years
- job type:Contract
- industry:Health Care and Social Assistance
- questions:404.418.4665.job descriptionInterim Controllerjob
summary:Interim Controller position begins immediately for an
initial period of 3 months with the option to extend. Competitive
weekly pay in addition to all travel and lodging expenses. Client
will pay for flights home twice a week.Primary Function and
Relationship to the Total Organization:Responsible for operations
of shared service centers. Includes centralized accounting,
centralized accounts payable and centralized payroll. Direct
reports include leaders over each area. Directs the general
accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics
reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial
results. Formulates and administers approved accounting practices
throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating
reports that accurately reflect the condition of the business and
provide reliable information necessary to control
operations.Reports to Vice President of Finance. High level of
interaction with Executive Director of Finance, System Services and
Executive Director of Finance, Regional ServicesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Plans and organizes the financial aspects of the organization
including assisting the Vice President in the development and
administration of policies on finance, accounting, insurance,
internal controls, budget and auditing to ensure compliance.
- Direct and coordinate activities of directors and staff such as
maintaining accounts and records and performing bookkeeping duties
as recording disbursements, expenses, general ledger entries,
accounts payable, etc in accordance with GAAP.
- Strong focus on operational efficiencies and process
improvements to ensure all centralized operations are performing at
- Responsible for ensuring regional monthly financial statements
are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting
- Assist in the annual capital and operating budgets.
- Supervise the preparation of statistical information and
reports for management, government and other agencies ensuring
- Prepare various financial analyses and reports as requested
including recommendations for changes.
- Compare actual financial performance to annual budget by
analyzing budget variances and recommending corrective action.
- Coordinate year-end audit with external accounting firm.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to detect or prevent
significant errors and irregularities related to the assets of the
organization. Coordinate testing of internal controls periodically
to ensure effectiveness.
- Serve as participant in appropriate Finance related forums such
as Regional Finance committees.
- Assist with preparation of the organization's tax returns and
cost reports in accordance with appropriate government
- Provide education on financial concepts to management and
- Provide assistance to all management staff related to the
performance of financial management matters.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with corporate
and regional management and staff to foster an environment of
openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
- Collaborate with corporate and regional management team and
staff to identify and prioritize process improvement strategies
that affect system wide financial operations.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety, HIPAA and Risk
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel and Standard Operating
policies and procedures.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance
policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Vice President of Finance
to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the financial
department.location: West Des Moines, Iowajob type: Contractwork
hours: 9 to 5education: Bachelor's degreeexperience: 0
Yearsresponsibilities:Responsible for operations of shared service
centers. Includes centralized accounting, centralized accounts
payable and centralized payroll. Direct reports include leaders
over each area. Directs the general accounting functions and the
preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits,
cash balances and other financial results. Formulates and
administers approved accounting practices throughout the
organization to ensure that financial and operating reports that
accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide
reliable information necessary to control
operations.qualifications:Must have large system multi-site
healthcare experience. Thanks for considering Tatum!skills:
Month-End CloseEqual Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion,
Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age,
Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any
other legally protected group status.
Keywords: Randstad, West Des Moines , Interim Controller, Accounting, Auditing , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!